It is Me. Not You.


My Love,

Please allow me reach out to you this way since I write better than I speak,

I have thought about my life, I have thought about you, I have thought about us,

It is a beautiful thing to love and be loved, to have a friend, a confidant you can always turn to,

But this love also makes us do stupid things, hurt one another because, sometimes, we are afraid,

I am sorry for everything, I am sorry for speaking harshly to you most times,

I am sorry for putting you under pressure in whatever way,

I am sorry for doubting you, for making you want to prove yourself every time,

I am sorry for projecting my insecurities on you, insecurities I thought I had overcome,

I am sorry for being afraid to lose you therefore holding tightly to something that should be enjoyed,

I guess my childhood insecurities and fears of being inadequate and thereby being rejected still hound me,

You have been nothing but good to me, always there for me, patient with me, yet I have pushed you away,

I am letting lose this what I am holding tightly, may be then life will be kind to me,

Should you want to let it all go, I will understand,

I will accept what life has dealt me with and adjust as needed,

But as always, I treasure and appreciate who you are in my life, my best friend,

I never want to lose you, or go a day without you knowing that I appreciate you,

Life is too short. We only live once,

I am unafraid to say,

I love you. Very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories of Sabaot Women: Kathleen Jemima Chepkwemoi

Stories of Sabaot Women: Pauline Chemtai Nenunge

Stories of Sabaot Women: Diana Chebet Olinyo