The Hard Start: The Journal of a Working Masters Student

Dear Diary,

Do you know that i applied to study this Masters almost two months before it was to officially start? You can imagine the shock i got when they told me that i had not paid the application fee. Sincerely, Dear Diary, who in his/her right mind applies to study and then forgets to pay the application fee?

Well, that is what i was told when the my admission letter was not forthcoming. I had to travel to the College to check on this issue because i was getting impatient and worried. I do not know how to call it but i was really disappointed when i realised that a receipt had been written in my favor but that it passed the notice of the administrators whon were to write my letter. I let that pass.

The worst of it all is when i was told that i was late for admission. I mean, was it my fault that no one saw the receipt attached to my application forms? Was i the one to blame? Was i negligent? I did not let this one pass. To cut the long story short, i received my admission letter way later (three weeks later) than my classmates.

Before that though, Dear Diary, i was informed that the University-Uganda Christian University- where i did my undergraduate was not recognized by the Commission for Higher Education.  I confess, i really started panicking. If you Googled recognized and accredited universities in East Africa though, Uganda Christian University ranks the top in Uganda. It is not only recognized by CHE but also by the Inter-University Council for East Africa.

Did i hear someone say that nothing good comes easy? Well, i guess that was the lesson i was meant to learn in all these.

When the dust finally settled, serious work began. I will tell you about it in the next post.

Yours,
Working Masters Student

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stories of Sabaot Women: Kathleen Jemima Chepkwemoi

Stories of Sabaot Women: Pauline Chemtai Nenunge

Stories of Sabaot Women: Diana Chebet Olinyo