Of the Grand Master and Significant Others: The Journal of a Working Masters Student.

Dear Diary,

This one article is in tribute to specific people who have helped me in this journey. They have contributed immensely in one way or the other to keep me sane.

Almighty God, without whom i would not have the inner strength to keep on especially when the going gets tough.  For granting me the grace to trudge on, for provision of financial and material needs, for protection during the numerous and sometimes late journeys i undertake on Kenyan roads, for sake keeping of my health and sanity.

My parents, for believing in me and affirming the strength i possess to be able to hold on steadfastly even in difficult circumstances. For standing in awe at my achievements and urging me on. Most significantly, though, for being faithful in their prayers for me.

My boss, the Vice Chancellor, for giving me permission to study and attend classes. For allowing me to work half days for better part of the days of the week. For asking every now and then how my classes are going on. For believing in me to be able to juggle work and school.

The Grand Master whose name is not just a name but an institution. The scholar and communication guru who boasts of the largest communication/media library in the Western region of Kenya. Professor Egara Kabaji who has been a strength and an important pillar in my budding career. I have a lot to write about you. Not only are you my other boss but you are also my mentor.
One, you have encouraged me to explore my passion in writing and opened up avenues for my publications to be read by the world.
Two, you actually gave me direction on which Masters course to undertake when i was thinking of something completely different, that really helped me.
Third, you helped me get the admission to the University when it was proving to be difficult. When i was almost giving up on the whole enrollment issues.
Fourth, you have given me books and academic advice needed towards the success of my Masters. For this reason, i cannot wait to start working on my thesis with your supervision.
Fifth, just by knowing you i have gained a network of experts in the communication field and earned some kind of respect with my peers.

Joe, the friend who is sticking closer than a brother. Thank you for encouraging me and urging me to keep on. Thank you for being warm towards me when it was cold all around me. Thank you for checking up on me every day.  Knowing the fact that you are one person i can count on keeps me going. We will sure celebrate this success together. Most of all, thank you for simply being my friend and being there for me.

Melvin, I know i am your number 72 and may be that is the reason why you have been so good. Thank you for picking me up during the days i came back late in the nights. Just staying awake so you would pick me up and ensuring that i reached safely makes you a friend i would not want to trade with anyone. I will miss you come August when you will have to make that trip.

Getty, my best friend. They call us twins; yes, they do. You make me laugh with your jokes. Thank you for introducing me to essential people in my travels. Thank you for keeping our friendship. You and Melvin simply rock!

Office mates, thank you for standing in the gap for me. For replying those calls and emails. For taking up some of my duties and ensuring that the Office runs smoothly.

Dear Diary, this is most definitely not an exhaustive list because there are so many players in this journey!

Comments

  1. Na mimi? #Protest and waving placard#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Bree...Joe is more than happy and acknowledges your friendship!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stories of Sabaot Women: Kathleen Jemima Chepkwemoi

Stories of Sabaot Women: Pauline Chemtai Nenunge

Stories of Sabaot Women: Diana Chebet Olinyo